What does “collaborative consumption” mean?
What is CollaborativeConsumption.com?
Who are we?
How can you get involved?
Have news to share?
Interested in advertising and sponsorship opportunities?
What is our revenue model?
How can you get in touch?
WHAT DOES “COLLABORATIVE CONSUMPTION” MEAN?
A new economic model has arrived. Named by TIME as one of the “10 Ideas That Will Change the World”, collaborative consumption describes the shift in consumer values from ownership to access. Together, entire communities and cities around the world are using network technologies to do more with less by renting, lending, swapping, bartering, gifting and sharing products on a scale never before possible. From Airbnb to Zipcar to Taskrabbit, collaborative consumption is transforming business, consumerism and the way we live for a more fulfilling and sustainable quality of life.
WHAT IS COLLABORATIVECONSUMPTION.COM?
Collaborative Consumption.com is the comprehensive online resource for collaborative consumption worldwide and network for the global community. We curate news, content, events, jobs, studies and resources from key media outlets and industry blogs, as well as produce original content. Our Global Curators cover the latest in collaborative consumption from every mountain top and sea, and our Directory features a searchable database of companies from every sector and service.
WHO ARE WE?
Starting with when Rachel Botsman co-authored What’s Mine Is Yours, we’ve spent the past four years passionately building a shared understanding of the enormous social, economic and environmental potential of collaborative consumption. We’ve been to every continent (except Antarctica, though penguins have potential) to work with, learn from, and create a global network for entrepreneurs, businesses and governments. Learn more about who’s involved here.
- Sign-up for our twice-monthly e-newsletter on latest news, events, jobs and opportunities
- Add your local example of collaborative consumption to our global Directory
- Join the #collcons conversation and share news with us @CollCons
- Follow along and chat with other collaborative consumption fans on Facebook
- Tap into the wisdom of the collaborative consumption community on Quora
- Still want more?? Check out our YouTube for videos and animations
HAVE NEWS TO SHARE?
Have collaborative consumption news, events or jobs to share? Or, are you a company, organization or thought leader up to something exciting? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERESTED IN ADVERTISING AND SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES?
We offer select advertisements each month to companies, leaders, and supporters in the collaborative consumption space. To maintain the integrity of the site, we feature a single advertisement per page and only accept advertisers whose products and services we believe add value to our community.
Sponsorship opportunities (“Brought to you by…”, etc.) are available for our Collaborative Pioneers series, e-newsletter and Directory. We also collaborate with the right brand partners to deliver custom infographics to highlight key research and trends in the collaborative consumption space.
To learn more about advertising and sponsorship, email email@example.com
WHAT IS OUR REVENUE MODEL?
The Collaborative Consumption site was made possible by a grant kindly provided by our founding partner, Nesta. Collaborative Consumption is a ‘profit-for-purpose’ venture. Any revenue from the site is used to fund ongoing research, community management and development of the site.
- Joining our global curator team? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advertising and sponsorship opportunities? Email email@example.com
- Sharing news, events or jobs? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Media inquiries? Email email@example.com
- Workshops or consulting? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inviting us to speak at a conference? Email email@example.com
- Anything else? Saying hello? Email firstname.lastname@example.org